COVID-19 Pandemic Response

We are aware that many people in our community are suffering as a result of shutdowns and quarantines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Gentry House has joined with MCC Homeless Coalition to make sure we are doing all we can to help members of Calloway County stay in their homes. Together, we are able to provide rent/mortgage assistance as well as increase the available funds for other types of emergency assistance. Please fill out the form below to apply for emergency assistance.

Strategic Partner

Through a strategic partnership, MCC Homeless Coalition works with Gentry House to provide emergency assistance and transitional housing.

Apply for Assistance

Get Help

Everyone goes through challenging seasons of life—but you don’t need to go through it alone. For over 20 years, Gentry House has walked alongside thousands of women, men, and children to help them through life’s toughest moments.

Transitional Housing

Calloway County residents can apply for transitional housing through Gentry House and OpportUNITY House online or by phone. Once applicants are approved for the program, they will be placed on a waiting list and we will work to get them into housing as quickly as possible (even if it means connecting them with other resources).

Transportation Assistance

Gentry House will continue to provide transportation assistance to community members. Specifically, transportation related to employment, acquiring essential needs (e.g., grocery shopping), education, emergency shelters, etc. Transportation Assistance usually comes in the form of gas cards, taxi vouchers, or MCC Transit passes.

Emergency Rent Assistance

Calloway County residents can apply to receive assistance for rent or mortgage payments up to $250 per household. If additional assistance is needed, we will make referrals to other agencies and organizations in our community.

Emergency Housing

Gentry House connects people to nearby emergency shelters and provides transportation as needed. We will work with applicants to help them find the right program or shelter for their situation. The Murray Police Department and Calloway County Sherriff’s Office can provide emergency housing assistance on behalf of Gentry House outside of our office hours.

Ending Homelessness Since 1997